Qualification : Msc
Designation : Assistant Professor
e-mail id : email@example.com
Somanjana Khatua has qualified B.Sc. and M.Sc. from University of Calcutta in the year 2006 and 2008 respectively. She has been awarded by INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) Fellowship from Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi for securing first class first position at M.Sc. level. She has qualified GATE twice (2010 and 2011) and NET twice (LS in 2010 and UGC-JRF in 2011). Currently she is pursuing Ph.D. in the field of medicinal mycology under supervision of Prof. Krishnendu Acharya, University of Calcutta. Till date she has published 21 research papers in national and international journals.
1. Patra S, Patra P, Maity K K, Mandal S, Bhunia S K, Dey B, K. Devi S P, Khatua S, Acharya K, Maiti T K, Islam S S. A heteroglycan from the mycelia of Pleurotus ostreatus: Structure determination and study of antioxidant properties, Carbohydrate Research 368; 2013: 16–21 DOI 10.1016/j.carres.2012.12.003 (IF 2.3).
2. S, Paul S, Acharya K. Mushroom as the potential source of new generation of antioxidant: a review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 6(5); 2013: 496-505 (IF 0)
3. Mitra P, Khatua S, Acharya K. Free radical scavenging and NOS activation properties of water soluble crude polysaccharide from Pleurotus ostreatus. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 6(3), 2013: 67-70 (IF 0.7)
4. Chatterjee A, Khatua S, Chatterjee S, Mukherjee S, Mukherjee A, Paloi S, Acharya K, Bandyopadhyay S K. Polysaccharide-rich fraction of Termitomyces eurhizus accelerate healing of indomethacin induced gastric ulcer in mice, Glycoconjugate Journal 30 (8); 2013:759-768, DOI 10.1007/s10719-013-9479-5 (IF 2.1)
5. Saha S, Khatua S, Paloi S, Acharya K. Antioxidant and nitric oxide synthase activation properties of water soluble polysaccharides from Pleurotus florida, International Journal of Green pharmacy 7, 2013: 182-188. (IF 1.1)
6. Khatua S, Roy T, Acharya K. Antioxidant and free radical scavenging capacity of phenolic extract of Russula laurocerasi. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 6(4); 2013: 156-160 (IF 0.5)
7. Khatua S, Paul S, Chatterjee A, Ray D, Roy A, Acharya K. Evaluation of antioxidative activity of ethanolic extract from Russula delica: an in vitro study. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research 5(9); 2013: 100-107 (IF 0.73)
8. Khatua S, Paul S, Chatterjee A, Ray D, Roy A, Acharya K. Fraction of Russula delica shows in vitro antioxidant property influenced by polyphenols. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research 23(2); 2013: 368-373 (IF 0).
9. Nandi AK, Samanta S, Maitya S, Sena IK, Khatua S, Devi KSR, Acharya K, Maiti TK, Islam SS. Antioxidant and immunostimulant β-glucan from edible mushroom Russula albonigra (Krombh.) Fr. Carbohydrate polymers 99; 2014: 774-782 DOI 10.1016/j.carbpol.2013.09.016 (IF 3.479).
10. Mallick S, Dutta A, Dey S, Ghosh J, Mukherjee D, Sultana SS, Mandal S, Paloi S, Khatua S, Acharya K, Pal C. Selective inhibition of Leishmania donovani by active fractions of wild mushrooms used in folklore of Santal tribal population in India: An in vitro exploration for new leads against parasitic protozoans. Experimental Parasitology 138; 2014: 9-17 DOI 10.1016/j.exppara.2014.01.002 (IF 2.154).
11. Khatua S, Acharya K. Antioxidant and antimicrobial potentiality of quantitatively analysed ethanol extract from Macrocybe crassa. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research 29(2); 2014: 53-60 (IF 0).
12. Khatua S, Acharya K. Mycochemicals and medicinal prospects of phenol rich fraction from Macrocybe crassum. Der Pharmacia Lettre 6(5); 2014: 330-338 (IF 0).
13. Panda BC, Mondal S, Devi KSP, Maiti TK, Khatua S, Acharya K, Islam SS. Pectic polysaccharide from the green fruits of Momordica charantia (Karela): structural characterization and study of immunoenhancing and antioxidant properties. Carbohydrate Research 401; 2015: 24-31 DOI 10.1016/j.carres.2014.10.015 (IF 1.966).
14. Khatua S, Dutta AK, Acharya K. Russula senecis: A delicacy among the tribes of West Bengal. PeerJ 2015: 3:e810; DOI 10.7717/peerj.810 (IF 0).
15. Khatua S, Mitra P, Chandra S, Acharya K. In vitro protective ability of Ramaria aurea against free radical and identification of main phenolic acids by HPLC. Journal of Herbs, Spices and Medicinal Plants 21; 2015: 380–391 (IF 0).
16. Samanta S, Nandi AK, Sen IK, Maity P, Pattanayak M, Devi KSP, Khatua S, Maiti TK, Acharya K, Islam SS. Studies on antioxidative and immunostimulating fucogalactan of the edible mushroom Macrolepiota dolichaula. Carbohydrate Research 413(2); 2015: 22–29 (IF 1.966).
17. Das T, Yeasmin S, Khatua S, Acharya K, Bandyopadhyay A. Influence of a blend of guar gum and poly (vinyl alcohol) on long term stability, antibacterial and antioxidant efficacies of silver nanoparticles. RSC Advances 5; 2015: 54059–54069 (IF 3.708)
18. Acharya K, Khatua S, Sahid S. Pharmacognostic standardization of Macrocybe crassa: an imminent medicinal mushroom. Research journal of Pharmacy and Technology 8(7); 2015: 860-866 (IF 0).
19. Acharya K, Bera I, Khatua S, Rai M. Pharmacognostic standardization of Grifola frondosa: A well-studied medicinal mushroom. Der Pharmacia Letter 7(7); 2015: 72-78 (IF 0).
20. Acharya K, Ghosh S, Khatua S, Mitra P. Pharmacognostic standardization and antioxidant potentiality of an edible mushroom, Laetiporus sulphurous. Journal of Consumer Protection and Food Safety 11(1); 2016: 33-42 (IF 0.719).
21. Khatua S, Acharya K. Influence of extraction parameters on physico-chemical characters and antioxidant activity of water soluble polysaccharides from Macrocybe gigantea (Massee) Pegler & Lodge. Journal of Food Science and Technology (in press) DOI 10.1007/s13197-015-2145-0 (IF 2.2).