Qualification : M. A
Designation : Assistant Professor
e-mail id : email@example.com
Obtained Masters in History in 2000 from Jadavpur University with specialization in Modern, Contemporary and Post-colonial period. Served his alma mater as a Guest Faculty for its Post Graduate Evening Degree Course in the Academic Session 2007-2008. Appointed as Resource Person by University of Burdwan for its Post Graduate Degree Course in Distance Learning mode in the Academic Session 2008-2009. Persuing Doctoral Research on Post-Partition West Bengal.
Takes a keen interest in contemporary Polity, Economy and Society as well as International Relations. Loves to travel in places of Historical interest and scenic beauty
(1) Projects Completed/Continuing : None at present.
(2) Research Guidance : None at Present.
(3) Publication (as on 01.08.2014) :
1. An Instrument of Control in the Late 19th Century : English Political Officers and Tribes in the North-Western Frontier of British India pp.386-406 in T. S. Kundu (ed), Exploring New Aspects of Indian History, Kolkata : Levant Books, 2013. ISBN : 978-93-80663-89-0
2. Female Education & Social Reforms in Colonial Milieu : Kanya Mahavidyalaya of Jalandhar – Issues & Challenges pp.128-139 in Nandita Bagchi (ed), Metaphorical Visibility : An Indian Perspective, Kolkata: Ekush Shatak, 2012. ISBN: 978-81-923688-9-4 Peer-Reviewed Publication.
3. Infrastructural Development under Planning (1951-1966) : Railways & Port Facilities in West Bengal pp. 8-17 in Historia : Journal of Social Science and Historical Studies, Volume-I, 2011-12. P.G. Department of History, F.C. College, 24-Parganas (South); Kolkata. ISSN : 2319-6696 (Peer – Reviewed Publication)
4. Revolutionizing Warfare in the Indian Sub-continent : Medieval & Early Modern Perspectives pp. 124-130 in Proceedings Volume of UGC-Sponsored State Level Seminar entitled `Technologies of Revolution: Society, Economy and Polity’ Organized by Barasat Government College, 24-Parganas ( N) on March 4-5, 2010. Date of Publication - April’ 2011
5. Multinationals & Mineral Wealth : A Historical Evolution in the 19th & 2oth Century pp.64-76 in Proceedings Volume of UGC – Sponsored International Seminar entitled ‘Globalization, Capitalist Crisis & Inclusive Development : Myths & Reality’ organized by Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata; on December 22-23, 2009. (Date of Publication – April’2011)
6. Emissions Trading as strategy for containing climate change : An Appraisal pp. 22-29 in Proceedings Volume of UGC – Sponsored State Level Seminar entitled `Environmental Degradation and Strategies for conservation & Management’ organized by Krishnagar Government College, Nadia; on November 24-25, 2011. (Date of Publication – August’2012)
7. Ek poisar larai? Trambhara Briddhi Pratirodh Andolon (1953) pp-525-533 in Itihaas Anusandhan – XXVIII, Kolkata : Paschimbanga Itihaas Samsad, 2014. ISBN : 978-81-9108714-4-4 (Peer – Reviewed Publication.)
8. Swadhinatar Prakkale ekti asaphol proyas : Juktabanga Parikolpona pp: 305-313 in Itihaas Anusandhan – XXV, Kolkata: Paschimbanga Itihas Samsad, 2011. ISBN : 978-81-910874-1-3 (Peer – Reviewed Publication)
9. Rajyasamuher Punargathan : Prasanga Paschimbanga pp. 392-401 in Itihaas Anusandhan -XXIV, Kolkata : Paschimbanga Itihaas Samsad, 2010.