Qualification: M. Sc. in Physiology
Designation: Assistant Professor
e-mail id: email@example.com
Dr. Achintya Mohan Goswami has completed his M. Sc. in Physiology: 2006 Passed NET: 2006 Ph.D. in 2015 from The University of Calcutta. Thesis Title: Studies on the production, characterization and application of silver and gold nanoparticles synthesized by Penicillium citrinum MTCC9999.
(1) Projects Completed/ Continuing:
Bioinformatics approach to study the effect of nsSNP in some genes associated with hypertension in human (Ongoing; Funded by UGC).
(2) Research Guidance: Nil
(3) Publication (till date):
1. Achintya Mohan Goswami, and Sanjay Ghosh (2013) Biological synthesis of colloidal gold nanoprisms using Penicillium citrinum MTCC9999. Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology (SCRIP Open Access Journal). DOI: 10.4236/jbnb.2013.42A003
2. Achintya Mohan Goswami, Tuhin Subhra Sarkar, Sanjay Ghosh (2013) An Ecofriendly synthesis of silver nano-bioconjugates by Penicillium citrinum (MTCC9999) and its antimicrobial effect. AMB Express. 23;3(1):16. doi: 10.1186/2191-0855-3-16.
3. Tuhin Subhra Sarkar, Arindam Bhattacharjee, Uddalak Majumdar, Anirban Roy, Debasis Maiti, Achintya Mohan Goswamy,Subrata Kumar Ghosh and Sanjay Ghosh (2011) Biochemical characterization of compatible plant-viral interaction: A case study with a Begomovirus-Kenaf host-pathosystem. Plant Signal Behav. Apr;6(4):501-9.
4. Arindam Bhattacharjee, Uddalak Majumdar, Debasis Maity, Tuhin Subhra Sarkar, Achintya Mohan Goswami, Rupam Sahoo, and Sanjay Ghosh (2010) Characterizing the effect of nitrosative stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics (ABB) 496, 109-116. doi:10.1016/j.abb.2010.02.003.
5. Tuhin Subhra Sarkar, Uddalak Majumdar, Anirban Roy, Debasis Maiti, Achintya Mohan Goswamy, Arindam Bhattacharjee, Subrata Kumar Ghosh and Sanjay Ghosh (2010) Production of Nitric Oxide in host-virus interaction: A case study with a compatible Begomovirus-Kenaf host-pathosystem. Plant Signaling and Behavior. Plant Signal Behav. Dec 2;5(6):668-76.
6. Arindam Bhattacharjee, Uddalak Majumdar, Debasis Maity, Tuhin Subhra Sarkar, Achintya Mohan Goswami, Rupam Sahoo, Sanjay Ghosh (2009) In vivo protein tyrosine nitration in S. cerevisiae: Identification of tyrosine-nitrated proteins in mitochondria. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (BBRC) Oct 23;388(3):612-7.
7. Book Chapter: Author of a chapter entitled "Regulation of FOX O Signaling and its Impact on Cardiac Function" of the book "Physiology Update" ; Volume 2, Page no 40-49. Published by Department of General Human Physiology, Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Haldia, Purba Midnapore, West Bengal.