Qualification: M.Sc, M. Tech, Ph.D
Designation: Assistant Professor
e-mail id: email@example.com
Master’s Degree: M.Sc. in Chemistry Ph.D (Science): Specialization: Organic Special Research Area: Synthetic Polymer Chemistry Previous Colleges served: Darjeeling Govt. College and Chandernagore College Membership Profile: N.A.
(1) Projects Completed/ Continuing: None
(2) Research Guidance: Nil
(3) Publication/Patent (till date):
1. Sanjay Sarkar, Sobhan Niyogi, Debasish De, Tarakranjan Gupta and Basudam Adhikari, Synthesis and Characterization of Neopentyl Glycol Based Quicksetting Polyurethane, International Journal of Plastics Technology, 7, 9-26 (2003).
2 . S. Niyogi, S. Maiti and Basudam Adhikari, Polyimide and Nylon 6 Blend Film: Preparation, Characterization and Thermal Behavior, Polymer Engineering and Science, 42(2), 336-345(2002).
3. Sobhan Niyogi, Sanjay Sarkar and Basudam Adhikari, “Catalytic Activity of DBTDL in Polyurethane Formation”, Indian J. of Chemical Technology, 9, 330-333(2002).
4. Sobhan Niyogi, Basudam Adhikari, Preparation and Characterization of a Polyimide Membrane, European Polymer Journal, 38, 1237-1243(2002).
5. Narayan C. Pradhan, Chandra Sekhar Sarkar, Sobhan Niyogi and Basudam Adhikari, Separation of Phenol-Water Mixture by Membrane Pervaporation Using Polyimide Membranes, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 83, 822-829(2002).
6. Sobhan Niyogi, Sukumar Maiti and Basudam Adhikari, Modification of a Polyimide Film by Blending with Nylon 6. Its Characterization and Thermal Property Evaluation, Euro. Polym. Journal, 37(10), 2079-2089(2001).
7. Sobhan Niyogi, Sukumar Maiti and Basudam Adhikari, Mechanical and Electrical Properties of Polyimide Blend Films, Indian J. of Chemical Technology, 8, 181-185(2001).
8. Sobhan Niyogi, Sukumar Maiti and Basudam Adhikari, Cyclodehydration of Poly (amic acid) to Polyimide, International J. of Polymeric Materials, 49(3), 323-330(2001).
9. Sobhan Niyogi, Sukumar Maiti and Basudam Adhikari, "Chemical Durability of Polyimide Blend Films", Polymer Degradation and Stability, 68, 459-464 (2000). Patent: One Indian Patent “A process for the preparation of a quick setting polyurethane”, Patent No. 205294, Date of Grant: 30.03.2007, Inventors: Niyogi Sobhan, Mandal Ranajit, Sarkar Sanjay, Gupta Tarakranjan, De Debasish, Adhikari Basudam, IIT, Kharagpur, 721302