Qualification: M.A., M.Phil
Designation: Assistant Professor
e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sambuddha Ghosh (b. 1988) got both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from the Department of English, Jadavpur University in 2010 and 2012 respectively. In May, 2014, he submitted his M.Phil dissertation titled ‘Between Other Fictions: Understanding “Language Games” in Jorge Luis Borges and Samuel Beckett’ and is about to be formally awarded the degree in December this year. He was also a part of the team of Project Fellows working for Project Bichitra, a website containing online Variorum editions of the works of Rabindranath Tagore for the School of Cultural Texts and Records, Jadavpur University under Emeritus Professor Sukanta Chaudhuri , the website of which finally came out in June, 2013.. His present areas of research interest include Modernism, Postmodernism, Literary Theory and Orality and the Epic Tradition. He has presented papers in 4 different national seminars till date and has 3 publications to his credit as on 01.08.2014.
(1) Projects Completed/ Continuing:
Was a part of the team of Project Fellows working for Project Bichitra, a website containing online Variorum editions of the works of Rabindranath Tagore for the School of Cultural Texts and Records, Jadavpur University under Emeritus Professor Sukanta Chaudhuri (June 2013)
(2) Research Guidance: None
(3) Publication (till date): Nil
1. Ghosh, Sambuddha. ‘Theatre(s) of Resistance: Those ‘Other’ Performances in Simulation’. Rupkatha Journal of Interdisciplinary Humanities. Vol.5. No.2, 2013. [ISSN: 0975-2935]. Web.
2. Ghosh, Sambuddha. ‘Marina Warner’s Indigo: Inverted Myths of Unreason and the Problem of Reviving Silenced Indigenous Voices’. Galaxy: International Multidisciplinary Research Journal. Vol.III. IssueII (March 2014). [ISSN 2278-9529]. Web.
3. Ghosh, Sambuddha. ‘The World is Like a Mask Dancing: Exploring Pluralist Paradigms of History in Chinua Achebe’s Arrow of God’. The Criterion: An International Journal in English. Vol V. Issue 2. (April 2014). [ISSN: 0976-8165]. Web.