Qualification : PhD
Designation : Assistant Professor
e-mail id : email@example.com
2001 Master of Science in Botany (Specialization in Plant physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)
University of Calcutta, West Bengal, India
(1.) CSIR Fellow: 2004-2008 at Presidency College
(2.) Engaged in scientific research for 2 months as part of collaboration between INRA Versailles, France and Presidency College, 2008. The work involved genetic transformation and secondary metabolites analysis. Participated in gene cloning programme.
(3.) Ph.D awarded in the year 2009
In 2012, published a paper entitled “Challenges of changing climate & Biodiversity : A vision for Alpine Sikkim” in the Proceeding of the UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar on “Biodiversity in India-Perspective, Management and Conservation” organized by the Department of Geography, Dwijendralal College, Krishnagar, Nadia.
(4.) Undertaken research projects and completed as Co-PI, 2012: “Analysis of important Bioactive compounds and Genomic DNA polymorphism in Swertia”. Funding Agency, Sanction No. : CSIR, 38(1211)/09/EMR-II
1. Bethune College, 2008, December –3.1.15
2. Krishnagar Govt. college, 5.1.15-till date
1. Ghosh G, Purohit A, Chaudhuri R K, and Chakraborti D (2014) Advances in genetic
transformation of important pulse crop pigeonpea. Open Access Biotechnology 3(1):5.
2. Ghosh G , Purohit A , Ganguly S, Chaudhuri R K and Chakraborti D(2014) In vitro shoot grafting on rootstock: An effective tool for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp.). Plant Biotechnology 31: 301-308 (IF: 1.056).
3. Chaudhuri R K and Chakraborti D Agrobacterium mediated Transformation of Medicinally Important Herb Bacopa monnieri(L.) (Full Paper) in Proceedings of UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Prospects of Biotechnology in Rural Bengal” 2014, Organized by School of Life Sciences , Uluberia College in Collaboration with Narasingha Dutta College, Howrah. ISBN-978-81-928627-2-9
4. Maity A, Chakraborti D, Chaudhuri R K (2014) An efficient in vitro regeneration strategy in a recalcitrant grain legume Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek HeritageVol-1 pp-129-132 ISSN-2349-9583
5. Jha TB, Dafadar A, Chaudhuri R K Somatic embryogenesis in Swertia chirata Buch. Ham. Ex Wall.-A multipotent medicinal herb Asian Journal of Biotechnology 2011, 3(2):186-193 ISSN: 1996-0700
6. Chaudhuri R K, Pal A, Jha T B, Regeneration and characterization of genetically true to type and variants from immature seed cultures of Swertia chirata-Buch. Ham. ex Wall. Scientia Horticulturae, 2009.120:107–114. (Impact Factor: 1.045) ISSN: 1996-0700
7. Chaudhuri R K, Pal A, Jha T B, Conservation of Swertia chirata Buch. – Ham. ex Wall. Through direct shoot multiplication from leaf explants Plant Biotechnol. Rep. 2008, 2:213–218. (Impact factor: 1.119)
8. Chaudhuri R K, and Jha T B,Conservation and Production of Ipecac (Cephaelis ipecacuanha Rich.) Plants from Long Term Shoot Culture Plant Tissue Cult. & Biotech. 2008. 18(2):57-164 ISSN: 1817-3721
9. Chaudhuri R K, Pal A, Jha T B, Production of Genetically Uniform Plants from Nodal Explants of Swertia chirata Buch. –Ham. ex Wall.- A critically Endangered Medicinal Herb. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. -Plant, 2007. 43: 467-472. (Impact factor: 1.060)
10. Chaudhuri R K, Ghosh A, Mandal P, Chaudhuri R K, Sircar P K Vigna catjang internodal peptides (0.5-3.0 KDA) modulate root tip mitosis of Allium sativum J. Botan. Soc., Beng., 2007. 61 (1): 51-54, ISSN: 0971-2976
11. Chaudhuri R K, Jha TB, A protocol for Rapid Micropropagation of Swertia chirata (Roxb.) Karst.(Full Paper) National Symposium on Plant biotechnology: New Frontiers, CIMAP, Lucknow, 18-20 Nov. 2005 pp- 479-484
UGC Sponsored National seminar on “Prospects of Biotechnology in Rural Bengal”17th and 18th
January, 2014, Organized by School of Life Sciences , Uluberia College in Collaboration with
Narasingha Dutta College, Howrah.
Participated in Orientation Programme organized by Academic Staff College, Calcutta University, February-March 2012
UGC Sponsored national Seminar, Plant Science Research in Human Welfare, organized by, Bidhannagar College in Collaboration with Botanical Survey of India on 11th -12th January, 2012
UGC sponsored National Level Seminar on Organic Agiculture and Biosafety, November 18th , 2011 at Gurudas College
Oral presentation at Convention 2010, Botanicals in integrated health Care, 26th -28th Dec, 2010, Organized By Agri Horticultural society, Topic, Ex-situ Propagation and Conservation of two important Swertia species
Acted as Resource person in UGC Sponsored Workshop on Basic Techniques of Plant tissue Culture , organized by RKMVC College, Rahara, Kolkata 7-11 December 2010
Workshop on Cryptogams- from classroom teaching to field application from December 11th to 17th 2009
State Level Seminar on Playing God: Expanding frontiers of Biotechnology, UGC Sponsored at Gurudas College in Collaboration with IICB, Kolkata, 6th and 7th November, 2009
National Level Seminar on Stress, Drug Development and, Nanotechnology, UGC Sponsored organized by Botany , Zoology and Chemistry Dept. at Bethune College in Collaboration with Bose Institute, Kolkata, 5th and 6th March, 2009