Qualification : M.Sc., B.Ed.
Designation : Associate professor
e-mail id : email@example.com
Dr. Mahato is in teaching profession for more than 17 years and loves to ignite the mind of students by active interaction with them. She is an outstanding scholar with brilliant academic records and won gold medal in masters in Geography (C.U.). She has done her Graduation from Presidency College, Kolkata, masters from Calcutta University and obtained Ph. D. degree from V.U. For increasing the academic excellence she has participated in the short Term Courses on Remote Sensing and GIS from NATMO, Kolkata and IIT, Khargapur. She has attended retraining programmes, workshops. Her teaching interest is on Cartography, Geomorphology, Regional Geography, Bio Geography, Geography of Transport, Regional planning and so on. She has keen interest to work on rural geography and the environment. Cartography is her subject of specialization and map making is her passion. She is now engaged with resource mapping of Junglemahal area, Paschim Medinipur, West Bengal. She has presented papers in many national and international level seminars and conferences.
(I) Projects Completed / Continuing: UGC Minor Research Project -Completed (2007-2009)
Topic: TERRAIN ANALYSIS OF DULUNG BASIN
(II) Research Guidance: Dissertation of PG students no: 23
(III) Publication (till date): 12
1. Mahato, L., 1992 The Lodha Tribe of Medinipur District. West Bengal -The Observer, C.U. 1992, Pp- 29-32
2. Mahato, L., 2000 “Paribesh o Unnayan”-Gana Bignan Chetana, Pp- 14-17. Sep’2000.
3. Mahato, L., 2000 ,“Nari O Paribesh”,Gana Bignan Chetana, Pp- 56-59, Dec’2000
4. Mahato, L., ’2001 “Bandh Nirman-Upojogita, Bitarka ebong Kichu Prashna”,Gana Bignan Chetana Pp-15-18. March’2001
5. Mahato, L., 2008, Rural Study – The need and special importance in India, Traverse, Presidency College Geographical Institute, Kolkata.
6. Mahato, L., 2010 Jungle Mahal – The Past and the Present, Traverse, Presidency College Geographical Institute, , Kolkata, pp 21-24.
7. Mahato, L. , 2010, Assessment of water resource and livelihood system in Dulung Basin, West Bengal, Indian Cartographer, Journal of the Indian National Cartographic Association,(ISSN- 0972-83920) , Theme paper in the Proceedings of the XXX INCA INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS on Cartography and Sustainable Development at Dehradun, 10-12 November, 2010
8. Mahato, L., 2012, Habitat, Economy and Society of two villages along Dulung river, Geo-Analyst, Vol– 2, No.1.Geographical Society of North Bengal, July-2012, ISSN 2909 – 2249, pp 18-25.
9. Mahato, L., 2012, The Livelihood Dynamics of Jungle Mahal in West Bengal –An Analysis, Practicing Geographer, vol 16, No. 1, Summer 2012. ISSN 0975 – 3850, pp 75- 86
10. Mahato, L. (2013), Poverty reduction and livelihood strategies - a focus on Dulung Basin, Rural Development: Challenges and opportunities, Vol. 1, Geographical Society of North Bengal, ISBN 978- 81-927059-0-3, pp. 140- 147.
11. Mahato, L. 2013, Radhanath Sikdar o tar Abodan, Bhugol o Paribesh, , 1st year, No. 4, October, ISSN 2321- 4694, pp 16 – 17.
12.Mahato, L. 2015, Prastabito Jhargram jela: Kichu Katha, Sanskriti, journal published in the occasion of Jhargram Mela o Yubo Utsab.