Qualification: M. Sc, Ph.D
Designation: Associate Professor
e-mail id: email@example.com
Dr. Dipak Das has completed his M.Sc. in Physiology with Biochemistry as special paper from Calcutta University. Awarded with JRF and SRF from CSIR and completed Ph.D. work at Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB) affiliated to Jadavpur University. Awarded with Research Associateship from CSIR for conducting postdoctoral research at IICB. Achieved fellowship for postdoctoral research at Max-Planck Institute, Bad Nauheim, Germany and at New York University Medical Center, New York, USA. Later he joined in the West Bengal Education Service and presently at the position of Associate Professor in the Department of Physiology.
(1) Projects Completed/ Continuing:
(2) Research Guidance: Guided Research Projects of M.Sc. students.
(3) Publication (till date):
I. 1. Das D, Pintucci G and Stern A: MAPK-induced expression of p21 and p27 in PMA-induced differentiation of HL60 cells. FEBS Lett, 472, 50-52, 2000
2. Bandyopadhyay U, Das D and Banerjee R K: Reactive oxygen species: oxidative damage and pathogenesis. Curr Sc, 77, 658-662, 1999
3. Bandyopadhyay U, Das D, Bandyopadhyay D, Bhattacharjee, M and Banerjee R K: Role of reactive oxygen species in mercaptomethylimidazole-induced gastric acid secretion and stress-induced gastric ulceration. Curr Sc, 76, 55-59, 1999
4. Das D, Bandyopadhyay D and Banerjee R K: Oxidative inactivationof gastric peroxidase by the site-specific generation of hydroxyl radical and its role in stress-induced gastric ulceration. Free Radic Biol Med, 24, 460-469, 1998
5. Das D, Bandyopadhyay D, Bhattacharjee M and Banerjee R K: Hydroxyl radical is the major causative factor in stress-induced gastric ulceration. Free Radic Biol Med, 23,8-18, 1997
6. Das D, De P K and Benerjee R K: Thiocyanate, a plausible physiological clectron donor of gastric peroxidase: Biochem J, 305, 59-64, 1995
7. Das D and Banerjee R K: Effect of stress on the antioxidant enzymes and gastric ulceration. Mol Cell Biochem, 125, 115-125, 1993
Das D: From glycogen phosphorylase to protein phosphorylation. In Physiological Science: Some emerging issues. Ed. G. Paul., Pub. Govt of W B, 42-54, 2003