Qualification : M.Sc., B.Ed., Ph.D.
Designation : Assistant Professor
e-mail id : email@example.com
Dr. Asok Ghosh has qualified B.Sc. and M. Sc. from the University of Calcutta in the year 1997 and 1999 respectively and passed B.Ed. examination from the same university in 2000 and qualified NET (CSIR) in 2003. He has 14 years of research and 11 years of teaching experience. He has expertized on floral diversity and Ecological condition of Sundarban Biosphere Reserve. He has persued his Ph. D. under the supervision of one of the Great Indian Taxonomists Prof. Gaurgopal Maiti, University of Kalyani in 2013. Presently he has been working on Taxonomy and Systematics of the family Cyperaceae in general and the genus Carex L. in particular. He has presented paper in several International and National seminars. He has 18 publications in his credit in different international journal. He also has several academic records in his credit. He has been selected as one of the reviewers of the International Journal Revista Biologia Tropical/ International Journal of Tropical Biology and Conservation (Costarica).
Single UGC-MRP is going on under his supervision entitled“Morpho-anatomical analysis of Carex L. and some other members of Cyperaceae of West Bengal with the help of statistical methods”
Cost- Rs. 3, 25,000/-(Three lakh twenty five thousand only)
Duration- 24 Months
Date of Sanction- 18.03.2014
Has Guided the following M.Sc.Dissertation work:
(i) “Morpho-anatomical Characterization of some members of Cyperaceae of Darjeeling and Adjoining areas”. (2007)
(ii) “Palynological Investigation And Systematic Evaluation Of Some Species Of Polygonaceae”(2008)
(iii) “Palynological Investigation of Some Species of Rosaceae with Special Refference to Their Exine Sculpturing” (2009)
(iv) “A Study On The Distribution Of Epiphytes On Six Species Of Phorophytes In Upper Montane Tropical Forest Of Darjeeling”.(2009) (v) “Anatomical studies of Dicotyledonous climber from Darjeeling and Surrounding areas with special reference to mechanical adaptation”.(2009)
(vi) “Mycorrhizal Status of the Genus Carex.L (Cyperaceae) From Darjeeling and Surrounding Areas”. (2010)
(vii) “Taxonomic and Phylogenetic Utility of Vegetative Anatomy in the Genus Carex L. (Cyperaceae)”. (2010)
1. Ghosh, A., S. Mukherjee, N. Sen, M. Dasgupta and K. Naskar (2002). Checklist of mangroves and mangrove associated species in the Indian sundarbans. Seshaiyana, Vol. 10, No. 02, pp. 3-5.
2. Ghosh, A., N. Sen, and K. R. Naskar (2003). Dodonea viscosa (L.) Jacq. an occasional plant species in the coastal area facing intertidal zone of Sundarban Tiger Reserve. Seshaiyana, Vol. 11, No. 02, pp. 3-4.
3. Ghosh, A., S. Mukherjee, N. Sen, M. Dasgupta and K. R. Naskar (2003). Floral diversity of Mangroves and Mangrove associated species in the Indian Sundarbans with special reference to distribution and abundance. J. Indian Soc. Coastal Agric. Res. Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 53-58.
4. Dasgupta, M., S. Mukherjee, A. Ghosh and K. R. Naskar (2003). Nature and properties of soils in different parts of the Sundarban Tiger Reserve, India. J. Indian Soc. Coastal Agric. Res. Vol. 21, No. 02, pp. 59-61.
5. Ghosh, A., N. Sen and K. R. Naskar (2004). Host specificity of mistletoes, semi-parasites and epiphytes occurring in the Sundarban Mangals. Science and Culture, Vol. 70, No. 1-2, pp. 71-73.
6. Ghosh, A., A. Bhattacharya, A. Biswas, T. Ghosh and S. Adhikari (2007). A Census of Vascular Plants in Bahadurpur Foresr (Nadia-Murshidabad Division), Nadia, West Bengal. Indian Journal of Applied and Pure Biology, Vol. 22, No. 2 pp.213-222
7. Ghosh, A., Archan Bhattacharya, T. Ghosh and A. Choudhuri(2007). Biological Spectrum of Bahadurpur Forest, Nadia-Murshidabad Division, Nadia, West Bengal. Environment and Ecology, 25S:(4), pp. 1077-1080.
8. Ghosh, A. A. Bhattacharya, S. Adhikari and A. K. Mondal (2008). Biological Spectrum of Bethuadahari Wildlife Sanctuary, Nadia-Murshidabad Forest Division, West Bengal. Indian Journal of Applied and Pure Biology 23(2): 389-394.
9. Ghosh, A., N. Sen, S. Mukherjee, K.R. Naskar (2012). Distribution Of Mangrove And Mangrove Associated Plants In Different Blocks And Comparatments Of Sundarbans Tiger Reserve (STR) With Special References To Their Abundance.( In Proceedings of International Seminer on Multidisciplinary Approaches in angiosperm Systematics eds. S.K. Mukherjee and G.G.Maiti ) . Pp 541-553.
10. Ghosh, A. Subrat Mukherjee and K. R. Naskar (2012). Sundarbans Tiger Reserve In West Bengal-The Facts And Figures (In Proceedings of International Seminer on Multidisciplinary Approaches in angiosperm Systematics eds. S.K. Mukherjee and G.G.Maiti). Pp 486-501.
11. Ghosh, A. and G. G. Maiti (2012). Inflorescence morphology, alignment of flowers of different sexes and their systematic value for 24 species of Carex L. (Cyperaceae) of Sikkim and Darjeeling Himalayas (In Proceedings of International Seminer on Multidisciplinary Approaches in angiosperm Systematics. ISBN : 978-93-5067-867-1).
12. Ghosh, A. Subrat Mukherjee and K. R. Naskar (2012). Floristic Study and Vegetational Relationship of Bagmara Block in Sundarbans Tiger Reserve (STR). Indian Journal of Applied and Pure Biology, 27(2): 207-218.
13. Ghosh, A and Sanjib Saha (2013). Distribution of epiphytes, parasites and mistletoes on six species of Phorophytes in upper montane tropical forest of Darjeeling, West Bengal. Indian Journal of Applied and Pure Biology. 28(1): 45-54.
14. Ghosh, A. and G. G. Maiti (2013, Accepted). Taxonomic significance of perigynium morphology and achene epidermal silica body in sixteen species of Carex L. (Cyperaceae) from the Darjeeling and Sikkim Himalayas, India. Our Nature.
15. Ghosh A., S. Bhujel and G. G. Maiti (2014). Occurrence of mycorrhizae in some species of Carex (Cyperaceae) of the Darjeeling Himalayas, India. International Journal of Life Science and Pharma Research, 4(1): 1-10.
16. Ghosh A. and G. G.Maiti (2014). Taxonomy and present distribution of different species of Carex L., Cyperaceae in Darjeeling and Sikkim Himalayas, India. International Journal of Life Science and Pharma Research, 4(3): 33-56.
17. Ghosh A. and P. Thapa (2013). Anatomical study of some species of dicotyledons climber from Darjeeling and surrounding areas, West Bengal, India with special reference to mechanical adaptation. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken, Germany.
18. Ghosh, A. I. Saha and A. Adhikary (2013) Palynotaxonomical study of some members of Rosaceae and Polygonaceae- with special reference to exine sculpturing, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken, Germany.