Qualification: M. Sc, Ph.D
Designation: Assistant Professor
e-mail id: email@example.com
Dr. Ajanta Mukherji received her Master’s Degree (2003) from the University of Calcutta. She completed her pre-doctoral research from Bose Institute, Kolkata and received her Doctoral Degree (2010) from Jadavpur University for her thesis entitled “Synthetic Approaches to Heterocycles and Studies on Their Reactions”. Her research interests include synthesis of bioactive molecules, organic synthesis using the principles of Green Chemistry, development of newer catalysts and nanomaterials.
(1) Projects Completed/ Continuing: None
(2) Research Guidance: None
(3) Publication (till date):
I. “A new catalytic application of a Keggin acid in the synthesis of symmetrical bis(indolyl)alkanes”, M. Chakrabarty, A. Mukherji, S. Karmakar, S. Arima and Y. Harigaya, Heterocycles, 68 (2), 331-338 (2006).
2. “Application of sulfamic acid as an eco-friendly catalyst in an expedient synthesis of benzimidazoles”, M. Chakrabarty, S. Karmakar, A. Mukherji, S. Arima and Y. Harigaya, Heterocycles, 68 (5), 967-974 (2006).
3. “Phosphoric acid-on-silica gel: A green catalyst for the synthesis of symmetrical bis(indolyl)alkanes”, M. Chakrabarty, R. Mukherjee, A. Mukherji, S. Arima and Y. Harigaya, Heterocycles, 68 (8), 1659-1668 (2006).
4. “A Keggin heteropoly acid as an efficient catalyst for an expeditious, one-pot synthesis of 1-Methyl-2-(hetero)arylbenzimidazoles”, M. Chakrabarty, A. Mukherji, R. Mukherjee, S. Arima and Y. Harigaya, Tetrahedron Lett., 48 (30), 5239-5242 (2007).
5. “Expeditious reaction of ninhydrin with active methylene compounds on Montmorillonite K10 clay”, M. Chakrabarty, A. Mukherji, S. Arima, Y. Harigaya and G. Pilet, Monatsh. Chem., 140 (2), 189-197 (2009).
6. “An expedient synthesis of novel 2-substituted Thiazolo[4,5-f]isoquinolines/quinolines and Benzo[1,2-d:4,3-d’]bisthiazoles and their potential as inhibitors of COX-1 and COX-2”, M. Chakrabarty, A. Mukherji, S. Karmakar, R. Mukherjee, K. Nagai, A. Geronikaki and P. Eleni, Arkivoc, (xi), 265-290 (2010).
7. “An expedient phase transfer catalyst-mediated synthesis of 2-Alkyl/aryl-1,8-phenanthrolines”, M. Chakrabarty and A. Mukherji, J. Heterocyclic Chem., 49 (6), 1443-1446 (2012).
8. “Heteropoly acids as novel catalysts in organic synthesis”, A. Mukherji, Conscientia (ISSN: 2278-6554), 1 (2), 9-17 (2013).
9. “Eco-friendly synthesis of condensed nitrogen heterocycles – A brief experience from our group”, M. Chakrabarty and A. Mukherji, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 90 (10), 1681-1694 (2013).