Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
Designation: Assistant Professor
e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Abhijit Biswas received his Master’s Degree (2010) from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay). He completed his pre-doctoral research from Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), Jadavpur and awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Science) in December, 2015 from Jadavpur University for his thesis entitled “Synthesis Of Nanohybrids, Nanodots And Core-shell Nanomaterials And Their Applications”. Then he joined Krishnagar Govt. College in the Department of Chemistry as an Assistant Professor (W.B.E.S) in December, 2015.
(1) Projects Completed/ Continuing: None at present
(2) Research Guidance: None at present
(3) Publication (till date):
1. Abhijit Biswas, Subir Paul and Arindam Banerjee “Carbon nanodots, Ru nanodots and hybrid nanodots: preparation and catalytic properties” J. Mater. Chem. A 2015, 3, 15074–15081.
2 . Abhijit Biswas and Arindam Banerjee “Sunlight induced unique morphological transformation in graphene based nanohybrids: appearance of a new tetra-nanohybrid and tuning of functional property of these nanohybrids” Soft Matter 2015, 11, 4226–4234.
3. Abhijit Biswas and Arindam Banerjee “Tailored Synthesis of Various Nanomaterials by Using a Graphene-Oxide-Based Gel as a Nanoreactor and Nanohybrid-Catalyzed C-C Bond Formation” Chem. – Asian J. 2014, 9, 3451–3456.
4. Abhijit Biswas, Subhasish Roy and Arindam Banerjee “Peptide stabilized Ag@ Au Core‐shell Nanoparticles: Synthesis, Variation of Shell Thickness, and Catalysis” Z. Anorg. Allg. Chem. 2014, 640, 1205–1211.
5. Jayanta Nanda, Abhijit Biswas, Bimalendu Adhikari and Arindam Banerjee “A Gel-Based Trihybrid System Containing Nanofibers, Nanosheets, and Nanoparticles: Modulation of the Rheological Property and Catalysis” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 5041–5045.
6.Jayanta Nanda, Abhijit Biswas and Arindam Banerjee “Single amino acid based thixotropic hydrogel formation and pH-dependent morphological change of gel nanofibers” Soft Matter 2013, 9, 4198–4208.
7.Bimalendu Adhikari, Abhijit Biswas and Arindam Banerjee “Graphene Oxide-Based Hydrogels to Make Metal Nanoparticle-Containing Reduced Graphene Oxide-Based Functional Hybrid Hydrogels” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2012, 4, 5472–5482.
8.Bimalendu Adhikari, Abhijit Biswas and Arindam Banerjee “Graphene oxide-based supramolecular hydrogels for making nanohybrid systems with Au nanoparticles” Langmuir 2012, 28, 1460–1469.